Cass Wisniewski is currently SVP & CFO at Hurley Medical Center. He is a Certified Public Accountant with over thirty-seven years of financial healthcare experience. Cass served as a trustee to the Flint Employee Retirement System and currently serves as an adjunct lecturer at University of Michigan-Flint and Michigan State University teaching healthcare finance. Cass also served as a member of the Michigan Health Insurance Exchange Planning Committee. He is a member of Audit & Investment Committee of America’s Essential Hospitals.
- Hurley Medical Center, Flint, MI – Senior Vice President-Chief Financial Officer 2012-Current
- Hurley Medical Center-Vice President-Corporate Controller 2001-2012
- Bay Health, Bay City, MI- Vice President/Treasurer 1999-2001
- Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI 1977-1999
- Cottage Hospital, Grosse Pointe, MI CFO 1990-1999
- Henry Ford Health System, Troy, MI -Associate Controller 1982-1990
- Henry Ford Hospital, Troy, MI- Director Reimbursement & Rate Setting 1977-1982
C.R. (Bob) Hudson SVP/CFO Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital, CA
Bob joined the Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital (HMNH) in 2001 as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Prior to HMNH, Bob held positions at KPMG, Ernst & Whinney, MedPartners, Universal Health and Charter Medical Centers. Bob has a bachelor's degree in accounting from San Diego State University in San Diego, California and is a certified public accountant (non-practicing).
Bob is involved in numerous HMNH charity events including playing a major role in the annual Toyota Drive Safe Golf Classic. He regularly supports, with both his time and finances, the Holiday Home Tour, Guild Fashion Show (where he is often a featured model), the 5K Run for the Health of It and he is a named donor for HMNH’s capital campaigns. Bob serves on several local community boards and is actively involved in community events. Bob is an active member of HFMA and serves as a Trustee on the California Hospital Association (CHA) Board of Trustees.
Jim Wiehl Partner, Head of Healthcare Transactions, United States Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Health care partner Jim Wiehl's broad corporate and regulatory practice includes handling affiliations, mergers and acquisitions, complex outsource arrangements, managed care arrangements, antitrust consulting, Medicare and Medicaid regulatory consulting, investigations and corporate compliance and other health care regulatory consulting including pharmaceutical and laboratory issues. He has worked with a diverse group of health care clients including hospitals, health care systems, academic medical centers, large specialty physician groups, health insurance companies, hospitalist companies and other health care providers.
Jim's most current transactional work includes:
• Represented, as lead counsel, regional community hospital in developing an affiliation with a multibillion dollar health care system
• Represented, as lead counsel, nationally recognized not-for-profit health care system in restructuring its affiliation with a regional hospital through a long-term lease arrangement
• Represented healthcare system in its affiliation with 15+ hospital multi-state health care system
• Represented, as lead counsel, regional health care system in developing management agreements by which sophisticated cardiology and neurosurgical groups undertook management of the system's cardiovascular and neurosurgical service lines, as well as development of joint ventures for certain technical services
• Represented, as lead counsel, health care system's restructuring of its investment in large multispecialty group, permitting group to spin off and sell on-going HMO operations
• Represented, as lead counsel, health care system's integration with a large multi-specialty group
• Represented numerous hospitals and health care systems in the formation of joint ventures with physicians for the provision of cardiac catheterization services
• Represented numerous hospitals and health care systems in the creation of Ambulatory Surgery Center joint ventures with physicians
• Represented several hospitals and a large cardiovascular group in the formation of joint ventured heart hospitals
• Represented large health care system in the development and implementation of a radiology services joint venture with hospital based radiology group
Jim’s most recent regulatory work includes:
• Represented hospital in defense and settlement of multi-million dollar false claim action brought by Federal government
• Represented health system in defense of qui tam action alleging upcoding of DRGs at client's inpatient facilities
• Representation of several health care systems in investigation of billing and compensation irregularities, leading to resolution or voluntary disclosures to CMS
• Represented various hospitals and other health care providers in the development and implementation of corporate compliance programs
• Represented the board of directors of hospital against claims of negligence, breach of fiduciary duties and negligent credentialing
Laurie Beyer CFO & VP, Finance Union Hospital of Cecil County (MD)
As Senior Vice President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer, Ms. Beyer's responsibilities include financial operations and planning, budget and reimbursement, revenue cycle, health information management, information systems, treasury management, risk management, pharmacy operation, ambulatory care operations and business development. . Ms. Beyer has held this position since January 2006.
Prior to joining Union, Ms. Beyer served as the Corporate Controller to include oversight of the employed Physician Services Division at St. Agnes Hospital in Baltimore for nine years. Earlier in her 25 year healthcare career, Ms. Beyer progressed through a series of financial management positions at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Liberty Medical Center and Greater Baltimore Medical Center. Ms. Beyer is a Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A.) and licensed in the State of Maryland. She holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration/Accounting from Franklin and Marshall College and a Masters in Business Administration from the University of Baltimore.
Michael Sims CFO Delaware Health Information Network
Michael Sims is the Chief Financial Officer for the Delaware Health Information Network (DHIN), the nation's first statewide health information exchange. Mr. Sims has served as the senior finance executive of DHIN since 2009. He is responsible for strategic development, financial reporting, business intelligence and analytics, and vendor contract development. In 2011, when DHIN migrated from being housed under the State of Delaware to an independent entity, he led the development of the business plan which outlined DHIN's path for achieving financial independence.
Mynor Veliz Chief Financial Officer Intermountain
Mynor Veliz, MBA, Is recognized for applying a collaborative, modern leadership style that generates high levels of employee morale and retention. Extremely well-developed analytical skills, including a passion for defining key performance metrics and assisting executive teams in making data-driven decisions for moving businesses forward to their full potential. Before Intermountain Mynor was Chief Financial Officer at a health care employee benefits Administration Company in Seattle (TPA Solutions) .Before TPA Solutions Mynor was CFO for Planned Parenthood of the Greater Northwest, and his responsibilities for the $44 million organization included finance, accounting, revenue cycle management, operations support and strategic planning. As Finance Manager for Starbucks he oversaw the development of the annual operating budget and quarterly forecasts for the $2 billion drive-thru business and supported the development of the strategic and operating plans for the 2,500 stores in the US and Canada.
Mynor attended the Harvard Business School Leadership Development Program. He has an MBA from Eastern Washington University and a Bachelor's Degree in Business Finance from the University of San Carlos in Guatemala. He is a Member of the National Society of Hispanic MBAs. Mynor is known as a dynamic, accomplished CFO with a history of effectively managing a broad range of complex financial and operational responsibilities for both public and private, as well as international entities in Healthcare, Technology, and Revenue Cycle Management.
Ruth Lee CFO Thomas E. Creek, VA Medical Center
Ms. Lee, Chief Financial Officer of Thomas E. Creek, VA Medical Center in Amarillo Texas, has been with the Amarillo VA since 2012. Prior to Amarillo, she had worked at the Spokane VA Medical Center in Spokane, WA. She started with the VA in 2010.
Prior to joining the VA, Ruth was a Financial Resources Officer and Accounting Officer for the Marine Corps. She retired from the Marine Corps with 20+ years of active duty from Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. At her last assignment, she was financially responsible for all deployable Marine Corps Units on the East Coast, located from Virginia to South Carolina. During her time in the Marine Corps, she was also a communications expert and a court reporter prior to starting her financial profession.
Ruth earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management from the University of Maryland while on active duty. She went on to earn her Master of Business Administration also while on active duty. Ms. Lee and her husband, also a retired Marine, have one son, Kaleb.
Timothy Lantz SVP & General Manager Sentry Data Systems
Tim Lantz is an experienced executive with a background in both finance and operations. He possesses almost 20 years of leadership and consulting experience across multiple industries, and currently serves as Senior Vice President at Sentry Data Systems, overseeing the company’s analytics division—consisting of the DataNext and Agilum software applications, Senturion Analytics consulting practice, and Sentry’s analytics innovations program.
Prior to joining Sentry in 2014, Mr. Lantz designed and implemented financial and operations solutions for large hospitals and healthcare systems and led major research and performance improvement projects focused on supplier diversity, margin performance and contracting. Tim currently serves on the IPMI Healthcare Finance Institute Advisory Committee, presents nationally on a variety of data analytics topics, and is a published contributor and speaker for organizations like HFMA, HIMSS, Becker’s Hospital Review, and AHIMA. A National Merit Scholar, Tim holds a degree in finance and real estate from the University of Wisconsin - Madison.
Zubair Ansari Director of Patient Financial Services Kaiser Foundation Health Plan (KP)
Zubair Ansari serves as Director of Patient Financial Services for Kaiser Foundation Health Plan (KP) - Mid-Atlantic States region. His scope of oversight includes all facets of KP's Revenue Cycle - Financial Counseling, Cash Management, Billing and Collections across Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
Zubair joined Kaiser Permanente from Johns Hopkins Medicine International (JHI) where he led the patient financial services division headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. At Johns Hopkins, Zubair helped design the access, patient accounts and quality assurance space of the revenue cycle. With affiliates across multiple continents, Zubair sustained JHI's strategic partnerships with foreign payer groups and embassies.
He has more than eighteen years of Revenue Cycle, Performance Improvement, and Healthcare Leadership experience. Previously, Zubair was a Financial Consultant and the Head of Business Advisory for King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center (KFSHRC) based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Zubair is part of the National Revenue Cycle Improvement Task Force (RCIT). He has presented extensively on topics of consumer-driven health care and how to improve revenue cycle with sustainable outcomes for health care markets throughout the United States, Canada, Africa, and the Middle East.
Zubair is a trained six sigma black belt, speaks four languages, and completed his Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology at Augustana College and his Master of Science in Healthcare Administration at the University of Saint Francis - both in Illinois.